NASCAR Fantasy Live
First, there’s no more salary cap — you’ll select any driver in the field, but can only use each driver 10 times during the season. Second, we’ve added the ability to change your roster during the race. Finally, we’ve simplified the points — fantasy points are the same as the points that drivers gain during the race.
- What is the roster composition? The roster will consist of five starting drivers as well as a garage driver in reserve (more below on that). Driver and garage selections lock five minutes before the race start time and do not carry over week-to-week, meaning you need to set your roster for each race.
- How does the garage driver work? Players can substitute their one garage driver for any starting driver up until the start of the Final Stage. Once the Final Stage starts, there are no more switches allowed.
- So which drivers end up scoring points? The drivers ending the race in your main roster will comprise the drivers that make up your total score. These are also the drivers who will be counted as being used for that particular race. A driver that ends the race in the garage would not count as being used nor would their results count toward your score.
- What is the scoring system? The scoring will reflect the NASCAR Official Scoring System. For example, if Kyle Larson wins Stage 1 & Stage 2 and wins the race, he will earn players 60 fantasy points for that particular race just as he would earn 60 points for himself in the season standings. Drivers running in the top 10 at the end of Stage 1 and Stage 2 receive points, starting with 10 points for first, nine for second, etc. The race winner receives 40 points, while second-place receives 35 points, third receives 34 points and all the way down to 1 point for drivers that finish 36th through 40th.
- Are there any bonus picks? Yes, players can make bonus picks for the pole winner, Stage 1 winner, Stage 2 winner, race winner and manufacturer winner. The pole winner bonus pick selection locks five minutes before the start time of qualifying; Daytona qualifying picks must be set before Feb. 11’s pole qualifying day at 12:15 p.m. ET. All other bonus picks lock five minutes before the race start time. Bonus picks DO NOT count against driver usage.
- Are there any limits to how much a driver can be used? Yes, players can only use a particular driver up to 10 times over the 26 races. A usage meter will be displayed on your roster screen, showing the number of remaining driver uses in green and the pending/already used total in yellow. There is no salary cap in this year’s game.
- What is the value of each bonus pick?
- Pole Winner (5 points for correct pick)
- Stage 1 Winner (10 points for correct pick)
- Stage 2 Winner (10 points for correct pick)
- Race Winner (10 points for correct pick)
- Winning Manufacturer (10 points for correct pick)
- Playoffs Champion (60 points for correct pick) - PLAYOFFS ONLY
- Will my leagues and teams from last year be available? Yes, any team or league that was active at the end of last season will be available once you log in starting Monday.
- How long will the Fantasy Live season last? The game will cover the full 36 season. After the 26-race regular season, any recorded uses for drivers will return for the final 10 Playoffs races.
For more information and to learn how to play a NASCAR Fantasy game, visit the Fantasy Home Page here: